LGBTQ Inclusion Shabbaton
Congregation Beth El is excited to announce that we will be hosting the nationally renowned scholars Rabbi Dror Chankin-Gould and Cantor David Berger for a Scholar-in-Residence weekend focusing on complete inclusion of LGBTQ individuals and their families in congregational life. (For more information about our scholars, including music samples, click on their names above).
The schedule of activities includes:
Friday - Nov 2 - Friday Night Service, Dinner and Talk at Crossroads Presbyterian Church (70 Cross Road, Waterford)
- 6 p.m. - Musical Kabbalat Shabbat service led by Cantor David Berger
- 7 p.m. - Friday night dinner (by prepaid reservation only) - contact the Beth El Office or click here to reserve
- 8 p.m. - Talk by Rabbi Dror Chankin-Gould - “Faith, Fear, and Courage: Using Our Prayers to Find a Place of Strength”
- Dessert reception to follow
Saturday - Nov 3 - Morning service, luncheon and and study session at Temple Emanu-El (29 Dayton Road, Waterford)
- 10 a.m. - Morning worship service led by Cantor David Berger
- 11:30 a.m. - Kiddush luncheon (no cost but RSVP appreciated)
- 12:30 - Text study and discussion led by Rabbi Dror Chankin-Gould - “Hearing God’s Call amidst the Ruins”
Saturday - Nov 3 - Evening workshop and concert at Crossroads Presbyterian Church (70 Cross Road)
6:00 p.m. - Workshop/Discussion moderated by Rabbi Dror Chankin-Gould - "An Interfaith Conversation on How to Create LGBT Inclusive
- 7:30 - Gala Concert by Cantor David Berger - Nefesh, Ruach, N'shamah: Songs of the Jewish Spirit
The weekend, with the exception of the Friday night dinner, is free and open to the public.